The Denville Public Library is seeking a part-time Youth Services Communications Assistant to work 16 hours per week.
The Youth Services Communications Assistant will help with our digital and print media; new and upcoming advertising; special events; and tween / teen programming. In 2019, our Youth Services Department held 491 programs that were attended by almost 17,000 people. We want to continue to expand our reach to engage patrons in Denville and our surrounding communities.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable being involved in every part of the creative process, from generating ideas to engaging partners to producing a finished project.
Job responsibilities will include:
– Assist with current Youth Services social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and cultivate social media presence in new environments. This includes creating interesting posts with photos and videos, generating and maintaining engaged followers, and helping manage our Youth Services social media advertising budget and strategy;
– Assist with Youth Services marketing using our WordPress-generated website, creating and maintaining event posts, news posts, and other content;
– Assist with our Youth Services e-newsletters, which feature news and upcoming events for over 1,100 current subscribers;
– Assist with Youth Services print marketing of our events, including program flyers and brochures highlighting department services. We currently use Canva and Microsoft Publisher for print media communications but are open to exploring new avenues;
– Serve as point person on special, one-time Youth Services events, including programs like open houses, comic / pop culture conventions, and more.
– Assist with tween / teen programming, including monthly Teen Nights.
– Cover children’s desk, as needed.
– Perform other tasks in the children’s and teen rooms, as assigned.
The hours for this position are Monday to Thursday, 4 pm to 8 pm, with one monthly Friday night, occasional Saturday hours, and possible additional hours during our Summer Reading program. Pay rate is $15/hour.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but current college students are encouraged to apply. Experience / familiarity with social media, print and digital marketing, and event planning preferred, but if you are creative, organized, flexible, and tech savvy, please apply.
Please send cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Examples of your creative work can also be included, either as PDF files or links to external sites.