Library Assistant – Children’s Dept.
Mount Olive Public Library – Flanders, NJ
Overview: Looking for the perfect opportunity to work with kids in a beautiful library and for a fantastic community? The Mount Olive Public Library is look for a new, tech-savvy Library Assistant to join our team. We are seeking a friendly and upbeat assistant, who has experience with working with kids and teens of all ages. Candidates currently enrolled in a MI or MLIS program would be an added bonus. The Library Assistant is responsible for assisting in all functions of the Children and YA departments, as well as creating/implementing new and exciting programs.
• Patron Check-In and Check-Out at the Children’s Desk.
• Assist with shelving, restocking displays, and maintaining the overall appearance of the Children and YA library area.
• Plan and conduct exciting new programs for kids and teens.
• Assist with promoting programs through fun displays, news promos to local newspapers, flyers, digital ads, and bulletin boards that showcase what the library has to offer.
• Communicating to teen volunteers and patrons via email, social media, and over the phone.
• Assist with the periodic weeding of the children’s and YA collection.
• Using an extensive knowledge of Children’s and YA literature, provide reader advisory services to young patrons and their parents.
• Assist with circulation of staff duties as needed.
• Must be able to lift 15-30 pounds
• Other tasks as assigned by the department head or director.
Education and Requirements:
• College degree preferred, particularly with backgrounds in education or library science.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Google apps.
• Preferred knowledge of library catalogue programs and new STEM technologies.
Hours and Compensation:
• Up to 17 hours per work week.
• Tuesdays, Thursdays and Wednesday Evenings
• 1 weekend per month
• $13 per hour
Deadline: Open until position is filled.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to: Mauro.firstname.lastname@example.org