Part-Time Reference Librarian/Book Club Leader, The Morristown & Morris Township Library
The Morristown and Morris Township Library is seeking a friendly, tech savvy, and customer service oriented librarian to join our large, busy Reference Department. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, a knowledge of both print and non-print reference sources, the ability to assist patrons with research materials, and a familiarity with popular and classic fiction and non-fiction. We serve a diverse community in the heart of historic Morristown and we pride ourselves on providing excellent and courteous service to all of our patrons.
• Must have an ALA accredited MLIS and eligibility to obtain a NJ Professional Librarian’s Certificate.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse population and staff.
• Familiarity with downloadable resources and databases.
• Familiarity with standard reference sources.
• Ability to facilitate at book discussion groups.
• Flexibility to work additional shifts.
• Experience using Polaris/LEAP.
• Experience with Envisionware time management system.
• Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
• Provide Reference and Reader’s Advisory assistance using print and non-print resources.
• Assist patrons in locating materials and using library resources.
• Assist patrons at public computers.
• Lead three evening book clubs per year.
• Serve as the in-charge person for the building in the absence of the Director, Assistant Director, or the Head of Reference.
• Other duties as assigned.
Schedule: Every other Sunday 1-5 PM September – June. Three evening book clubs per year. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work additional evenings and weekends as needed.
$23.00 per hour. Time and a half on Sundays. EOE
Tuesday, November 12
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references by Tuesday, November 12 to Barbara Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Part-Time Librarian in the subject line.