Job Advertisement – Reader’s Services Manager
May 28, 2019
In a nutshell:
The Bernardsville Public Library is seeking a Reader’s Services Manager. This is a senior management position that plays a critical role in our library and will give you a chance to do it all: Your current core duties will be managing all aspects of our circulation department, supervising inter-library loan, ready reference and collection development for adult services, and facilities management; but as this role transitions over the coming years, we expect facilities management will drop out and program planning will take its place.
Why is this role important for the Library’s work?
The Circulation department is involved with direct service to almost all of our patrons. Additionally, the Reader’s Services Manager has direct supervision of the largest core of our staff, and this position helps set the tone for our interactions with the public.
We are a Library Journal 5-Star Library with heavy emphasis on customer service and professionalism, but we also stress building community, meaningful program and service innovation, and having fun!
Relevant experience and mindset:
· Demonstrated experience in public libraries, experience with library circulation, and supervisory experience are required.
· A mindset that emphasizes service, problem solving, and support for our patrons, our community, and your fellow colleagues in our organization, as well as a willingness for your duties to evolve and change, is required.
· Experience with the Polaris ILS is highly desirable.
· Experience with streaming services (Cloud Library, Hoopla, Lynda.com, etc.) is desirable.
· Demonstrated experience in program planning and execution for adults, and a Master’s Degree in Library Science is highly desirable.
· Bonus points if you have experience with fundraising, graphic design, or basic computer hardware and software support.
Work schedule: This is a full-time, 35-hour per week position. This position will regularly work one evening per week and one weekend per month, and must be able to attend to occasional, unscheduled, after hours scheduling emergencies that affect Circulation procedures.
Salary: $52,819.00 per year, with benefits as described in the Library’s Personnel Manual
Further information: https://www.bernardsvillelibrary.org/job-opportunity-mgr/
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your experience and interest in this position to Alexandria Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Reader’s Services Manager.” Cover letter and resume are required; applications without both documents will not be considered. Applications will be considered and interviews scheduled as they are received. We are sorry, but we cannot consider candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements of supervisory experience, Circulation department experience, and public library experience. EOE.