Library Technologist (Principal Technician MIS, FT 40 hrs) – Sussex County Library System
The Sussex County Library System seeks an experienced, adaptable technology professional to work closely with our Management Team to maintain, review, and optimize our electronic resources and information systems, recommend and implement new services and systems, and to provide technology instruction and troubleshooting, under supervision of the Library Director.
If you love and understand technology, and would like to make it surprise and delight public library staff and users, this may be just the opportunity for you.
Public library experience preferred.
Civil Service title requirements include:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree.
• Two (2) years of experience utilizing or implementing electronic information systems, analyzing information systems and/or developing procedures for the use of information systems, or providing user support and solving user problems in a help desk or related environment.
• NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience as indicated above on a year-for-year basis.
• NOTE: A Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related area may be substituted for one (1) year of the experience as indicated above.
• NOTE: A Master’s degree in a computer-related area may be substituted for two (2) years of the experience as indicated above.
• NOTE: Twenty-four (24) credits in data processing from an accredited college may be substituted for two (2) years of the education requirement.
Compensation: Salary range begins at $55,083 depending on experience. Full-time benefits include PTO, paid holidays, & health insurance.
Deadline for Applications: November 25, 2018
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume & contact info for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notices: Civil Service position (Principal Technician Management Information Systems)—initial appointment provisional pending Civil Service procedure; valid driver’s license required; must reside in, or relocate to, NJ in accordance with state law.