Library Director – Fairfield Free Public Library
The Fairfield Free Public Library Board of Trustees is searching for a creative, dynamic, experienced leader to serve as Library Director.
We are a suburban library with an enthusiastic public. We are looking for an energetic person to enhance our programs and continue our involved presence in the community.
• Master’s Degree in Library Science, or Library and Information Science (MLS/MLIS) from a graduate library program accredited by the American Library Association
• Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a supervisory position in a public library
• Excellent leadership and communication skills including the ability to supervise and motivate library staff and volunteers
• Ability to work effectively with library trustees, elected officials, and community groups
• Proficient with computers, library software, Internet, digital communications, and social media, and able to utilize technological innovations and trends in digital library
• Experience in developing yearly budgets and projections
• Sound public speaking skills required
• Solid fundraising and grant-writing skills preferred
• Ability to speak a foreign language is a plus.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: For consideration, please email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com by February 7, 2020.
Notices: The Fairfield Free Public Library is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability.
MLS or Library School Required: Yes
Mailing Address: 261 Hollywood Ave., Fairfield, NJ 07004