Library Director – Fairfield Free Public Library
The Fairfield Free Public Library Board of Trustees is searching for a creative, dynamic, experienced leader to serve as Library Director.
We are a suburban library with an enthusiastic public. We are looking for an energetic person to enhance our programs and continue our involved presence in the community.
· Master’s Degree in Library Science, (MLS/MLIS/MI) from a graduate library program accredited by the American Library Association
· Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a supervisory position in a public library
· Excellent leadership and communication skills including the ability to supervise and motivate library staff and volunteers
· Ability to work effectively with library trustees, elected officials, and community groups
· Ability to utilize technological innovations and trends in a digital library
· Experience in developing yearly budgets and projections
· Sound public speaking skills required
· Solid fundraising and grant-writing skills preferred
· Ability to speak a foreign language a plus
Is commensurate with experience and meets NJLA minimum salary recommendation for MLS/MLIS holders
How to Apply:
For consideration, please email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
The Fairfield Free Public Library is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability.