Part-time Library Assistant Position Available
Have you ever wanted to work in a Library? Do you enjoy books and meeting people? The Morristown & Morris Township Library is seeking a friendly, customer service-oriented person to join our creative and dedicated staff. We are located in a diverse community in the heart of historic Morristown and we provide exemplary and courteous service to all of our patrons. This 12 hour/week position requires excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to be a part of an innovative and forward thinking group of people.
· High school diploma or equivalent, although some college course work or knowledge of the workings of a library is very desirable.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work tasks.
· Excellent oral and written communication.
· The ability to work with a diverse population and staff.
· Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
· Computer skills including, but not limited to, the ability to work competently with the Library’s online catalog, databases, email, calendar and circulation systems.
· Ability to work with small amounts of money and provide change for patrons.
· Ability to stand for extended periods, bend, stoop, reach and carry for extended periods as well as lift up to ten pounds and push book carts up to 30 pounds.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is preferred, however the ability to learn these skills is also acceptable.
· Proficiency in spoken Spanish is a plus.
· Helping patrons at the Circulation Desk.
· Checking out, checking in, renewing Library materials, signing up patrons for new library cards and aiding patrons with questions about their cards and Library accounts.
· Opening the department desk and preparing it for the day.
· Answering telephone and transferring calls to appropriate departments, answering customer service questions, and taking messages.
· Unpacking and processing materials for patrons that come from other libraries.
· Emptying book drops and shelving library materials as needed.
· Help with special projects as requested.
Part-time position, 14.5 hours per week scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday evenings (5:00-9:00 p.m.) and Saturdays, 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Salary is $11.75/hour. EOE
May 31, 2019
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Ruth Bensley at email@example.com