Have you ever wanted to work in a Library? Do you enjoy children’s books and working with children? The Morristown & Morris Township Library is seeking a friendly, customer service-oriented person to join our creative and dedicated staff. We are located in a diverse community in the heart of historic Morristown and we provide exemplary and courteous service to all of our patrons. This 28 hour/week position requires driving the bookmobile to community stops, circulating materials onboard the vehicle and conducting story times or activities with children. The driver also assists the Assistant Director in planning and implementing the seasonal route schedules, planning and implementing bookmobile activities and planning and scheduling vehicle service and maintenance. The person in this position must be familiar with children’s literature, have experience working with children, be comfortable interacting with both children and adults, have excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to be a part of an innovative and forward thinking group of people. CDL license not required.
• High school diploma or equivalent, although some college course work or knowledge of the workings of a library is very desirable.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work tasks.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• The ability to work with a diverse population and staff.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Computer skills including, but not limited to, the ability to work competently with the Library’s online catalog, databases, email, calendar and circulation systems.
• Ability to work with small amounts of money and provide change for patrons.
• Ability to stand for extended periods, bend, stoop, reach and carry for extended periods as well as lift up to ten pounds and push book carts up to 30 pounds.
• Own a valid New Jersey Driver’s License without points or violations.
• Ability to drive and park an oversized vehicle. CDL license not required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail is preferred, however the ability to learn these skills is also acceptable.
• Knowledge of basic motor vehicle maintenance and repair.
• Experience of at least one year working in libraries.
• Proficiency in spoken Spanish is a plus.
• Drives the bookmobile to assigned stops, circulates bookmobile materials, selects and reads stories to children and keeps statistics on book circulation and patron participation.
• Loads and unloads materials from the bookmobile.
• Orders and processes books for bookmobile circulation in conjunction with other staff.
• Contacts bookmobile sites to visit in conjunction with the Assistant Director.
• Schedules visits with assigned stops and contacts them for all cancelations or schedule changes.
• Shelves materials and keeps bookmobile organized and attractive.
• Fuels the bookmobile and takes the vehicle for maintenance. Works in conjunction with other staff to maintain and clean the vehicle.
• Must work occasional nights and weekends (St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Trunk or Treat, etc.).
• Help with special projects as required.
Part-time position, 28 hours per week scheduled for weekdays, roughly 9:00 am-5:00 pm, built around Morristown and Morris Township after school, day care and preschool programs.
Salary is $17.50/hour. EOE
February 14, 2020
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Mary Lynn Becza at email@example.com