The Morristown-Morris Township Library’s North Jersey History and Genealogy Center is hiring a part time archivist. The successful candidate will work 21 hours a week including one weeknight until 9 p.m. and every other Saturday. Please read the job description then if interested submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. I will only contact candidates that will be interviewed.
MORRISTOWN-MORRIS TWP LIBRARY
NORTH JERSEY HISTORY and GENEALOGY CENTER
Library Assistant II-21 hours
The Assistant Archivist provides reference services to patrons. Assists the Archivist processing archival collections and performs special projects as directed by the supervisor. This position reports to the Department Head.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor or associate degree required. Preferably in history previous library experience is desirable.
• Special training in history and genealogy very desirable.
• Good reference interview skills
• Basic microform reader, printer, scanner, and photocopier troubleshooting
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to providing the best quality customer service to our patrons
• Computer skills including, but not limited to, the ability to work competently with the Library’s online catalog, databases, email, calendar and Circulation systems
• Experience with Word, Publisher is preferred; however the ability to learn these skills is also acceptable
• Provide reference desk service to patrons in the North Jersey History and Genealogy Center.
• Research and answer reference inquiries.
• Assists the Archivist in describing non-book collections, including organizational or personal papers, manuscripts, photographs, or art work.
• Maintains the vertical files.
• Maintains the Miscellaneous Manuscripts files
• Other duties as needed.
All Library employees are expected to be courteous and helpful in their dealings with both fellow staff and the public. Promptness, neatness and regular attendance and the ability to be a self-starter are also important parts of this position. Employees must be able to lift, sort, and shelve library materials as required. Employees must be able to work nights and weekends regularly.