Last updated: November 16, 2020
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the library mobile application (the “Service”) operated by Morris Automated Information Network (“MAIN”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) and Solus UK Ltd (“Solus”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, then you may not access the Service.
Our Service makes it quick and easy to access your library on the go! Search our catalog, download items, manage your account, and find suggested reading instantly with your device.
You agree to access and use the Service only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of the Service. By accessing the Service, you agree that you will not:
1. Use the Service to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to engage in any conduct which would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
2. Post or transmit any discriminatory, libelous, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise unlawful content;
3. Use the Service to impersonate other parties or entities;
4. Use the Service to upload any content that contains a software virus, “Trojan Horse”, malware, or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of the Service or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses the Service;
5. Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
6. Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on the Service;
7. Disrupt the normal flow of communication between the Service and users in any way;
8. Claim a relationship with or represent any business, association, or other organization with which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship or represent;
9. Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
10. Collect or store personal information about others;
11. Systematically retrieve data or content from the Service to create a collection or database without written permission from us;
12. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service. This includes features that prevent/restrict the use of any content limits Service usage;
13. Use the Service inconsistently with any applicable laws or regulations;
14. Frame or link to the Service without authorization;
15. Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any content;
16. Impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user;
17. Bypass measures of the Service designed to prevent/restrict access;
19. Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software that makes up the Service;
20. Use the Service in an unauthorized way (collecting usernames, email addresses, of users for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses); or
21. Use the Service in an effort to compete with us or Solus, or otherwise use the Service and/or the content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
Certain portions of the Service are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to request support or services online by entering personal information. You agree that any information provided to us in these areas will be complete and accurate, that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter the Service under the name of, another person, and that you will not adopt a user name that we, in our sole discretion, deem offensive.
You must be at least 18 years old to become a registered user or to request support or services online. If you are not at least 18, we have the right to remove you from registered area(s) and/or deny you support or services.
Links To Other Web Services
Our Service contains links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by MAIN.
MAIN has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that MAIN shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
Termination of Use
We may terminate or suspend your access to and use of this Service without notice and for any reason, including for violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use or for other conduct which we believe is unlawful or harmful to others. In the event of termination, you will no longer be authorized to access the Service, and we may use any means possible to enforce this termination.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless MAIN, and all of its members, employees and agents from any and all liabilities incurred in connection with any claim arising from any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions of Use, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. You agree to cooperate fully in the defense of any such claim. MAIN reserves the right to assume, at its own expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You agree not to settle any matter without the written consent MAIN.
Disclaimer of Warranty
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Service, or any material available through this Service, is at your own risk. Neither MAIN nor its employees warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, problem-free, free of omissions, or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service. The content and function of the Service are provided to you “as is,” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use, or currency.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will MAIN or its employees be liable for any incidental, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, arising out of your use of or inability to use the Service, including without limitation, loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of data, computer failure or malfunction, or any other damages.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If we in our sole discretion determine that a revision is material, we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to the revision taking effect.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.